Thursday, November 5, 2009

Real life Sci-Fi and the pleasures of researching

I just stumbled upon this video by Kevin Kelly. For those who don't know him, he was one of the early co-founders of the Wired Magazine. For me, Wired is one of the few magazines which I always read from cover to cover, every month. Anyway, Kevin Kelly is also a technology visionary, not in the sense of a tech geek who will tell you how cool the new iPhone app is, but a much more philosophical type of visionary, discussing technology from a historical, behavioral and anthropological perspective.

Anyway, watching this video brought me different feelings. First, it made me want to go back to my sci-fi books. Second, it made me feel comforted because his assertions go largely in the same direction as my own conclusions about the Internet of Things - although truth be said, he gave this talk more than two years ago. I have to do my homework...

The link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment